Python® continues to be a popular programming language, perhaps owing to its ability to get a lot of work done in few lines of code, and its versatility. Python is useful for developing custom software tools, applications, web services, and cloud applications. In this course, you’ll build upon your basic Python skills, learning more advanced topics such as object-oriented programming patterns, development of graphical user interfaces, data management, threading, unit testing, and creating and installing packages and executable applications.
What you will Learn
- Create object-oriented Python applications.
- Design and create a GUI.
- Store data in a database from Python applications.
- Communicate using client/server network protocols.
- Manage multiple processes with threading.
- Implement unit testing.
- Package an application for distribution.
Who should attend
This course is designed for existing Python programmers who have at least one year of Python experience and who want to expand their Python proficiencies.
Course-specific Technical Requirements- Software
- Windows® 10/8.1/8/7/Vista (64-bit).
NOTE: This course was successfully keyed on Windows 10. Some activity steps may not key exactly as written if students key on a different version of Windows.
- Python version 3.4.2 (python-3.4.2.amd64.msi, provided with the course data files).
- PyCharm Community Edition version 3.4.1 ( pycharm-community-3.4.1.exe, provided with the course data files).
NOTE: Python is distributed under the Python Software Foundation License (PSFL). PyCharm Community Edition is distributed under the Apache® License 2.0.
- If necessary, software for viewing the course slides. (Instructor machine only.)