To be a cloud architect and a cloud master, you must apply techniques and strategies to design secure, scalable, cost-effective cloud solutions, and be able to convince executives to move forward with your recommendations. In this course, you will develop critical skills in discovering information essential to successfully planning cloud projects, determining requirements, and documenting information and recommendations. In addition, you will apply those concepts to evaluate cloud service providers, and design highly available and scalable solutions that are secure. You will leave this course able to compare, evaluate, and recommend cloud service providers, design secure and scalable cloud solutions, and give compelling, data-backed presentations that will get your recommendations approved, and your cloud projects green-lighted.
What you will Learn
In this course, you will manage the design and plan the implementation of cloud architectures as needed to function as a Certified Cloud Master. You will:
- Plan a cloud solutions architecture.
- Select Amazon Web Services Building Blocks.
- Select AWS infrastructure components.
- Select Rackspace Cloud features and components.
- Select Microsoft Azure features and components.
- Manage hardware requirements and constraints.
- Select operating systems for cloud solutions.
- Determine database support for applications.
- Select middleware to meet application performance requirements.
- Determine licensing requirements for cloud services.
- Protect business continuity.
- Secure data with encryption.
- Secure access to cloud services.
- Secure data in transit and at rest.
- Monitor security.
- Manage volume.
- Manage the application experience.
- Manage business requirements for cloud solutions.
Who should Attend
This course is designed for system administrators who wish to plan, design, and implement cloud services for their organizations. This includes the ability to understand cloud solution features, capabilities, and components offered by cloud providers at a deep level so as to design cloud and hybrid solutions for application deployment and infrastructure scenarios. Cloud architects must also evaluate and plan for the appropriate compute, network, database, and security components to build a solution that meets the needs of their organization. In addition, they must secure, monitor, and optimize those solutions.
To ensure your success in this course you should have experience with basic client and server deployment, configuration, and use. You should also be familiar with evaluating, implementing, accessing, administering cloud services, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions. You should also have experience deploying applications to and managing applications in cloud environments. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
NCTA Cloud Technologies
NCTA Cloud Operations