|Professional Certificate in Business English|
Professional Certificate in Business English (PCBE) develops English language abilities in business context. PCBE is quality assured and credit rated by Scottish Qualifications Authority at Level 5 on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). PCBE is broadly equivalent to Level B2 in Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). PCBE is also comparable to Level 3 in European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
Why study PCBE?
- Earn a qualification recognised in UK framework (SCQF) only at £69
- Demonstrate your competence in business English
- Enhance global acceptance through a qualification which is benchmarked against European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
- Become an ‘Independent User’ of business English as referenced in Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
Who is it for?
There are no formal entry requirements. PCBE qualification is open to all – from school going students to graduates and employees.
However, it may be of particular interest to:
- A student considering placements, careers in business
- Individuals who want to increase reading and writing abilities in English
- Someone with a general interest in Business English
PCBE covers following areas:
- Right verb tense or being consistent with tenses
- Accurate spelling; word order; appropriate phrase
- Singular/Plural agreement of nouns and verbs
- Definite and indefinite articles; successful communication; clear and appropriate layout
- Concise expression, controlled and accurate language
- Appropriate addressing of business issues
- Business vocabulary
- Advising, suggesting, proposing solutions or next steps, justifying decisions
- Hypothesising, prioritising and contrasting
- Extract the right information through scanning business information
- Vocabulary use in a sentence
- meanings of business phrases
- Extracts from business letters, memos, email, reports
- Sentence completion and correction
- Cloze test; synonyms and antonyms
- Using appropriate expressions
- Drawing conclusions through reading critically
- Making good business replies
Result & Certificate
Immediately after finishing the exam on Pearson VUE platform, we will provide the result.
The certificate and transcript will be couriered (using ROYAL MAIL or ‘similar’) to the address given by you in Pearson VUE web account. Hence, it is important thatyou provide detail and absolutely correct postal address with postcode in your Pearson VUE web account.
It may take up to 6 weeks to receive the certificate. If you DO NOT receive your certificate within 6 weeks from the date of successful completion of the exam, please contact us.