Welcome to the exciting world of CCNA Service Provider certification Training
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for individuals who are new or already involved in Service Provider Networks.
CCNA Service Provider Introduction
Cisco Certified Network Associate Service Provider (CCNA SP) certification is for service provider network engineers, technicians and designers who focus on the latest in Service Provider industry core networking technologies and trends. With the ability to configure, implement, and troubleshoot baseline Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation networks, CCNA SP certified individuals deploy, maintain and improve carrier-grade network infrastructures.
CCNA Service Provider Prerequisites
There are no specific prerequisites for this certification.
Exams and Recommended Training
|Required Exams||Recommended Training|
|640-875 SPNGN1||Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)|
|640-878 SPNGN2||Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)|
Training and Course Objectives:
Upon completing the SPNGN1 course, the participant will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the purpose and function of IP and data network devices
- Describe QoS, MPLS, multicast, high availability, and VPN technologies
- Describe and differentiate IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes
- Describe and configure switched and routed network technologies
- Configure IP services like NAT and DHCP
- Configure Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR software on Cisco platforms
- Configure transport, access, and edge technologies, as well as security in the network
- Configure network management protocols like Netflow, SNMP, and CDP on Cisco p
Upon completing the SPNGN2 course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Present a unified view of a service provider network in relation to Cisco IP NGN architecture
- Implement and verify VLANs and trunking. Configure HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP. Configure and verify OSPF and IS-IS, and describe MPLS LDP
- Describe the basics of link state routing protocols. Describe the operation and configuration of single area OSPF (including load balancing and authentication), IS-IS, common issues with IS-IS, and approach for troubleshooting problems
- Configure basic BGP to enable inter-domain routing in a service provider network
- Describe ACL and IP address translation
- Describe the fundamentals of Cisco IOS XR, and IOS XE software technology
The CCNA Service Provider certification is valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following exams before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current SPNGN1 or SPNGN2 exam.
- Pass any current CCNA Concentration exam (wireless, or security, or voice, or SP Ops).
- Pass the current CCDA exam.
- Pass any current 642-XXX professional level exam.
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco Telepresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams).
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam.
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam.
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications