Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist
The Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist certification is for information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) professionals in the manufacturing, process control, and oil and gas industries, who will be involved with the implementation, operation, and support of networked industrial products and solutions.
The Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist certification ensures candidates have the foundational skills to manage and administer networked industrial control systems. It provides plant administrators, control system engineers and traditional network engineers with an understanding of the networking technologies needed in today’s connected plants and enterprises. Unlike other industrial networking programs, this certification tests the hands-on skills through simulations as well as testing theoretical knowledge. This approach ensures that candidates are ready for real-world implementations.
Managing Industrial Networks with Cisco Networking Technologies (IMINS) Version 1.3 is a lab-based course which helps students with the foundational skills needed for the management and administration of networked industrial control systems. The IMINS course helps plant administrators, control system engineers and traditional network engineers understand networking technologies that are needed in todays connected plants and enterprises. This course also helps you prepare for the Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist Certification exam (exam ID 200-401) and qualify for the Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist certification. This course is job-role specific and enables you to achieve competency and skills to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial network systems while helping to ensure network availability, reliability, and Internet security throughout your company. Students will be exposed to multiple industrial network technologies as well as products from Cisco and other industrial suppliers including Rockwell Automation.
- Describe Cisco Industrial Ethernet (IE) Switches, Cisco Connected Grid Switches and Routers, and Rockwell Automation Stratix Switches
- Interpret designs and drawings, recognize industrial topologies, and access reference materials
- Identify industrial network component installation requirements
- Configure industrial network components
- Perform basic maintenance tasks
- Troubleshoot common network and control issues
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam||Recommended Training|
|200-401 IMINS||Managing Industrial Networks with Cisco Networking Technologies (IMINS)|
The Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist Class:
We have put together a five day Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist course for individuals and corporate groups, but the class length can be extended if required for the individual training.
What You will Learn
- Module 1: Industrial Networking Solutions and Products
- Module 2: Industrial Network Documentation and Deployment Considerations
- Module 3: Installing Industrial Network Switches, Routers, and Cabling
- Module 4: Deploying Industrial Ethernet Devices
- Module 5: Maintaining Industrial Ethernet Networks
- Module 6: Troubleshooting Industrial Ethernet Networks
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for IT and operations technology (OT) professionals and control engineers who will be involved with the configuration, operation, and support of networked industrial products and solutions for the following industries:
- Process control
- Oil and Gas
- Other industries as applicable