Training at Nhames Limited is a wonderful experience.
CCNP Service Provider Intro:
The Cisco Certified Network Professional Service Provider (CCNP Service Provider) certification is for service provider network engineers, systems engineers, and network specialists who are responsible for delivering a scalable carrier-grade infrastructure capable of rapid expansion to support ongoing introduction of new managed services and other customer requirements.
The following will act as a prerequisite:
- Valid Cisco CCNA Service Provider, or
- Valid Cisco CCIP, or
- Any Cisco CCIE certification
Exams and Recommended Training
|Required Exams||Recommended Training|
|642-883 SPROUTE||Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE)|
|642-885 SPADVROUTE||Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Advanced Routing (SPADVROUTE)|
|642-887 SPCORE||Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Core Network Services (SPCORE)|
|642-889 SPEDGE||Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next Generation EDGE Network Services (SPEDGE)|
1. Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing- 642-883 (SPROUTE) 1.0
This Instructor Lead Training course is #1 of 4. It will prepare students for the SPROUTE exam required for the new CCNP-SP Certification. This certifictation is designed to prepare students to work at the Professional level in a Service Provider environment. The SPROUTE course is designed to provide service provider professionals with information on the use of advanced routing in implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LANs and WANs. The goal is to train professionals to dramatically increase the number of routers and sites using these techniques instead of redesigning the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added. The SPROUTE training reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs to ensure they thoroughly understand how to implement advanced routing within their networks. The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR features to operate and support service provider network.
The goal of the course is to train service provider network professionals on the techniques to plan, implement, and monitor a scalable IP routing.
Module 1: Service Provider Routing
- Lesson 1-1: Understanding Service Provider Routing Protocols
Module 2: Implement OSPF in the Service Provider Network
- Lesson 2-1: Introducing OSPF Routing
- Lesson 2-2: OSPF Operation
- Lesson 2-3: Implementing OSPF Routing
- Lab 2-1: Implementing OSPF Routing
- Lesson 2-4: Implementing OSPF Special Area Types
- Lab 2-2: Implementing OSPF Special Area Types
Module 3: Implement Integrated IS-IS in the Service Provider Network
- Lesson 3-1: Introducing IS-IS Routing
- Lesson 3-2: Implementing integrated IS-IS routing
- Lab 3-1: Implementing integrated IS-IS routing
Module 4: Implement BGP in the Service Provider Network
- Lesson 4-1: Introducing BGP Routing
- Lesson 4-2: Implementing Basic BGP routing
- Lab 4-1: Implementing Basic BGP routing
Module 5: Routing Protocol Tools and Route Manipulation
- Lesson 5-1: Introducing Routing Protocol Tools
- Lesson 5-2: Implementing Route Redistribution
- Lab 5-1: Implementing Route Redistribution
- Lesson 5-3: Influencing BGP Route Selection
- Lab 5-2: Influencing BGP Route Selection
CCNP Service Provider Recertification
The CCNP Service Provider certification is valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following exams before the certification expiration date:
- Pass the current SPNGN1 or SPNGN2 exam.
- Pass any current CCNA Concentration exam (wireless, or security, or voice, or SP Ops).
- Pass the current CCDA exam.
- Pass any current 642-XXX professional level exam.
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco Telepresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams).
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam.
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam.
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).