|Certified Finance Specialist|
Certified Finance Specialist (CFS) qualification is aimed at aspiring and practicing finance professionals. CFS develops your knowledge in corporate finance, capital budgeting, working capital management and risk management. CFS designation sets an expertise-benchmark for financial management. CFS is quality assured and credit rated by Scottish Qualifications Authority at Level 8 on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) with 40 credit points.
Why study CFS?
- Use post-nominal letters ‘CFS’ after your name!
- Demonstrate your competence in Finance
- Earn an affordable qualification recognised in UK framework (SCQF)
- Enhance global acceptance through a qualification benchmarked against European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
- Join the community of certified finance professionals worldwide
- Progress to CPA (UK) qualification
Who is it for?
There are no formal entry requirements for CFS. This is open to all – from school leavers to post graduates and employees who want to increase their knowledge and skills in financial management.
However, it may be of particular interest to:
- Financial managers who take regular financial decisions for business
- A university student considering placements, careers in the field of finance and/or further study
- An individual with a general interest in finance and business
CFS covers following areas:
- Nature and scope of financial strategy in practice
- Capital investment process & tools used by different businesses
- DCF methods of investment appraisal
- Sensitivity analysis & capital rationing for project appraisal
- Different sources of financing for a businesses
- The costs of capital and its application
- The components of capital markets
- The working capital management in business
- Currency risk & interest rate risk for a business
- Futures, options, FRA & SWAPS
- Optimal capital structure and dividend policy
Result & Certificate
Please note that your certificate is issued by the exam body once you pass the exam, your result is made available Immediately after finishing the exam on Pearson VUE platform.
The certificate and transcript will be couriered (using ROYAL MAIL or ‘similar’) to the address given by you in your Pearson VUE web account. Hence, it is important that you provide detail and absolutely correct postal address with postcode in your Pearson VUE web account.
It may take up to 6 weeks to receive the certificate. If you DO NOT receive your certificate within 6 weeks from the date of successful completion of the exam, please contact us.